Thursday 4 December 2014

My Colour Choice


My Colour Choice



The colours that I chose to include in my magazines colour scheme are Black, Red and Grey. The reason I chose black and grey was because black originally goes with every colour and I wanted to use the grey as a fade colour. I then colour red, since it’s a powerful colour and can be seen easily by the audience.

Red is associated with energy, power, passion and determination. Red is used for danger signs and the color can be found in national flags which show power. From most Google Images I saw that red and black are some of the main colors in any Hip Hop music magazine, so I could use red for the masthead or the sub-headings for the pages, as it eye catching and will attract the reader to buy the magazine.

Black is associated with seriousness, power and mystery. Black is a mysterious color, it sometimes also has a negative connotation. Black is a good contrasting color, as it contrasts with any color. If the color is combined with orange and red, it gives of an aggressive feel. This color is stereotypically used in Rap magazine. I can use black for the back- ground as it contrasts well and also the fonts and the images will stand out from the page.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment