Thursday 18 December 2014

My Target Audience

Target Audience

The genre of my magazine is R&B/Hip Hop, which has gained a lot of attention over the past year creating its mass market. Therefore the target audience of my music magazine will be from the age of 17 to 22, I based this age gap on the results that i received from my both qualitative and quantitative research, as well as the harsh language that is said during most of the songs. Since my magazine will be published monthly, this would make it seem more musically fashionable hence it being sold in both online and higher end shops such as WHSmith or Borders.

Since my target group are between the ages of 17-22, I think I would find it easier to communicate with them through a less formal tone. Using words that are most commonly used between young adults would help me to keep my target audience interested as it’s written in a way they can easily relate to and understand. However since the magazine’s aim is to e of the targeted readers interest, I think ranging the sentence lengths would put the magazine at an advantage, since when it comes to something interesting the more information the better. Although they aren't’ grownups yet, their attention spam’s aren't that big yet, therefore the sentence ranges would add to attracting their attention as they read.

No comments:

Post a Comment