Monday 5 January 2015

Conventions


Conventions
On my front cover the name of my featuring artists in the magazine will be represented in big clear bold letters.  The eye flow of my magazine cover will be directly down the centre from the top right hand side of the masthead, which would lead to them seeing the artists name at the bottom.   I’ll include selling lines as a way of telling the readers about other articles in the magazine as well as another way of actually selling my magazine if the featuring celebrity isn’t enough. There will also be anchorage text on both my front cover and throughout my magazine. This will relate the images being displayed to the actual text, telling the readers some side information of what the picture are. The main image on my cover page, contents page and double page spread will all be related to one another, this’ll allow my magazine to flow much more easily as well as keep in the reader’s mind of who the actual featuring celebrity is. Since the price of my magazine is quite high I done some research and found out that most magazine writers who have published their expensive tend to have their prices smaller than usually. Since the size depends on the actual price of the magazine I decided to make my price a little smaller next to the barcode.  I also wanted to include a puff lines on my cover page which will give some extra information about the content in the magazine, on top of that I’ve seen on previous magazine covers that the puff lines are usually put in a shape to make it stand out compared to everything else on the cover page.

No comments:

Post a Comment