Wednesday 14 January 2015

Costume and Makeup


Costume & Makeup

Since the genre of my magazines is Hip Hop, I decided to make my model look more empowering and make sure that her jewellery is clearly showing, since jewellery is clear key point for Hip Hop and R&B. As you can see from both the boots and the boots there’s there’s the colour gold, this colour, especially in Hip Hop, gold seems to be a representative of money and success. Female star images are always eye catching and very dramatic. Their makeup is also very bold and defined, especially their eyes they always have dark colored eye shadow which makes their eyes look more powerfully. To show power some females wear either red or dark colored lipstick. I also wanted to model to seem more dominant, therefore I decided to include some dark lipstick, I think through the close up pictures I’ll be taking this’ll be emphasised.
Both boots and the crop top, connote a type of strong grown women, which is the type of women I wanted my model to represent. I mange dot get this idea from looking at previous magazine covers, since every celebrity is ever looking directly at the camera with a strong glare or looking down at the camera, but in whichever picture it was they had their makeup and clots done similar to the ones that I have picked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment