Monday 19 January 2015

Drawn Plan: Double Page Spread

Drawn Plan: Double Page Spread
When drawing the plan for my cover page I decided to follow up on my research and go by some of the conventions used for other magazines that have been published. For my double page spread I intend the typical conventions such as arranging the page’s text in columns which are usually 3 or 4. The Model I had been taking pictures of, will be across both pages but mainly on the left hand side to make the two pages look more like a poster. I decided to have mine located on the left pages stretching over to the right. I was going to use Quotes for my double page spread, however since the content will be almost like questions and answers, I decided not to use pull out quote. I will be including a stand first paragraph, which will introduce the article and will be positioned at the beginning of the headline. The journalist name will also be at the end of the article to bring it to a professional close. Even though the article will be just questions and answer, I will be using a drop capital at the beginning of my stand first paragraph. At the top right hand corner I’ll also be adding in a by-line which will tell the readers who wrote the article, as well as photographer’s credit. In order to grab the reader’s attention even more and keep them interested I thought it would be best to write the article informally and that way it’ll seem more personal.


No comments:

Post a Comment