Thursday 29 January 2015

Double Page Editing

DOUBLE PAGE EDITING

When it came to my double page spread I found extremely hard, this is because whilst I was taking my pictures I didn't know at the time that I had to take pictures that had space on one side of them for the actual text. Later on I found out that there was something that I could on Photoshop that would allow me to stretch the background of my picture, making it suitable for a double page spread image. When it came to editing my picture I found an effect that would make my photo look more artistic toward more music genre. However when I used the effect it showed up like this:


 The problem with this is that I don’t think that it as effective as the readers wouldn't actually be able to see the models face in this image. So I decided to use some of the wall above the models head in order to see the models face I when I use the effect again. I used Microsoft Word to copy and paste 3 layers of the wall onto the top, and then grouped all of the together onto Paint in order to save he image as one.

 
After creating the background with the extra layers added on top, I was also able to stretch out the side of the image as I realized that I hadn't taken a correct picture where there is enough room on either side of my model to actually put the text. I decided to use this final effect on my picture as it made the model fit into the genre off my magazine: where the artist is seen with a facial expression that relates to their music. I also done some research and realized that double page spreads in every magazine are completely different to the rest of the magazine, therefore I wanted this page to stand out by making it look more artistic, in a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment