Thursday 26 February 2015

Plans I Didnt Follow

Plans I didn't follow
The most obvious decision that I wasn't able to follow was the drawn up plans I had made as an over view of what my finished products would have looked at. The main reason that I think I didn't stick to these drawing is because of how simple they looked. I don’t think that I included nor had a clear idea of how much I would actually need to put into each of them.

For my front cover drawn plan I included quite a few conventions such as masthead, puff and selling lines. However when it came to actually producing it I wasn't able to include all of them, I was probably thinking that the front cover would look too informative on just one page and decrease its professionalism. Therefore I didn't include the puff and instead added more selling lines as that is key for a front cover page as well as a ‘plus’. The main reason for this was, because of the magazines that I had used for inspiration all had clean cut images. For this reason, I too wanted my magazine to have a clean cut image for its brand, which I also think is good for my target readers as they are young adults, I didn't think that a lot of information would be needed. As you get older I think that interpreting what the magazine is about comes easier. For example if Jay Z is on a magazine the magazine is more likely to also include his daughter or Beyoncé and therefore the selling  lines would need to be put on. However for if it’s a magazines for young children then more would need to be put on the front in order to keep them interested.


I would have to say that my contents page was the page that I had the most time struggling with. I knew from the beginning that once I couldn't find the right picture to use for my content page that I would be able to stick with the plan. At first I planned on on having one picture on the side with text all around it, but then afterwards I started finding it hard to choose a background color. Therefore I decided to do some research and found out that most pictures taken by professional as use the background they've been given and just edit it, to make it brighter or fit the concept, which is what I decided to do. This also meant that I couldn't stick to the planned schedule I had made either as I had to recall the model I had used and retake some pictures. Once I had decided to use the background from the picture, because of the position of my model in the photo I had to also change the position of the text I would later on include.


Producing the double page spread was the easiest part for me,  I think I was able to keep to the drawn plan I had and include some things here and there. For example sticking to the position of where to place the interview of my featuring artists as well as well image to go behind as the background as well, managed to fit fit perfectly together.

No comments:

Post a Comment